30 top best Vikram Sarabhai Quotes
Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai (popularly known as Vikram Sarabhai) was an eminent Indian physicist and astronomer. He is the one who started space research in India and due to this pioneership of him, he is often internationally regarded as the father of the Indian Space Program. He also has a very significant contribution in the development of nuclear power in India.
This great scientist was born to the famous Sarabhai family on 12 August, 1919 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
His father’s name was Mr. Ambalal Sarabhai who was a very famous industrialist of his time. He married famous South Indian classical dancer Mrinalini Sarabhai in the year 1942 who later gave birth to two children (one daughter and one son). He followed jainsim, i.e., he was a jain.
He first went to Gujarat College, Ahmedabad and later went to Cambridge University, England to pursue higher education. From his childhood, Sarabhai was very deeply interested in science and mathematics (declared these subjects as his favourite subjects) and later on he went on to pursue a doctorate degree in natural sciences. Due to this keen interest in natural sciences, he returned to India from Cambridge after completing doctorate degree and joined IISc (Indian Institute of Science), Bangalore to carry on further studies and research in comsic rays.
He received the Padma Bhushan (1966) the Padma Vibhushan (after his death in 1972). He had the lead role in establishing the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) at Bangalore, PRL (Physical Research Laboratory) at Ahmedabad and IIM (Indian Institute of Management) at Ahmedabad among many others.
Apart from being a very great scientist, Sarabhai was also a very great industrialist who first set up the ORG (Operations Research Group) which is the first market research organization of our country India.
He held several distinguished positions including :
- President of the Physics section, Indian Science Congress (1962)
- President of the General Conference of the I.A.E.A., Vienna (1970)
- Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission of India (1966–1971)
- Vice-President, Fourth UN Conference on ‘Peaceful uses of Atomic Energy’ (1971)
- Founder and Chairman (1963–1971), Space Applications Centre.
This great personality breathed his last on 30 December, 1971 at Halcyon Castle Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. He was reported to have been in a room at his favourite resort on Kovalam beach when he died. We pay a tribute to this legend.
He was really an inspiration and his quotes will really energize us to feel driven and do something significant for the nation.
Let us have a look at some of Dr. Vikram Sarabhai quotes on motivation, his quotes on science, quotes on isro, and quotes on space. Some of his quotes are even presented here at quoteszella in hindi.
- A leader, if one chooses to identify one, has to be a cultivator rather than a manufacturer. He has to provide the soil and the overall climate and environment in which the seed can grow.
- I also believe that a person who does not have respect for time, and does not have a sense of timing, can achieve little.
- He who can listen to the music in the midst of noise can achieve great things.
- Experience is less relevant than knowledge and the ability to learn and to innovate.
- Failure is not about not succeeding. Rather it is about not putting in your best effort and not contributing, however modestly, to the common good.
- With adequate support, confrontation at the right time pays off.
- Don’t focus on winning. Focus on the best you can achieve for yourself.
- When you stand above the crowd, you must be ready to have stones thrown at you.
- Basic social and economic change needs to be brought about gradually and the more carefully and thoughtfully it is affected, the more permanent it will be.
- When you grow up, you don’t have to walk step by step like a toddler; you can leap, run, you can take short cuts across the fields. That means you have to start processes, not like a gambler but like a prophet infallibly accurate as to what the consequences will be.
- Our belief at Anand has always been: let the people’s energies be unleashed.
- Our bureaucracy today is too bloated and therefore it is burdensome.
- In implementing change, we need to apply ourselves to people before we apply ourselves to problems.
- Choosing to lead one kind of life means putting aside the desire to pursue other options.
- One wants permissive individuals who do not have a compelling need to reassure them they are leaders through issuing instructions to others; rather, they set an example through their creativity, love of nature and dedication to what one may call the ‘scientific method’.
- बुनियादी सामाजिक और आर्थिक बदलाव को धीरे-धीरे लाने की जरूरत है और जितना ध्यान और सोच-समझकर इसका असर होगा, उतना ही स्थायी होगा।
- वह जो शोर के बीच में संगीत सुन सकता है वह महान चीजों को प्राप्त कर सकता है।
- जब आप भीड़ के ऊपर खड़े होते हैं, तो आपको अपने ऊपर पत्थर लेने के लिए तैयार होना चाहिए।
- मेरा यह भी मानना है कि जिस व्यक्ति के पास समय के लिए सम्मान नहीं है, और समय की भावना नहीं है, वह कम हासिल कर सकता है।
- I have often claimed that I have had but one good idea in my life: that true development is the development of women and men.
- India will not have to look abroad for its experts but will find them ready at hand.
- What, therefore, is a government at its best? It is a government that “governs” least and instead finds ways to mobilize the energies of our people.
- The strength of an organization can be judged by how well it can ride calamities
- I believe that modern physics owes much of its remarkable progress through recognition of the same concepts (ancient Indian Philosophy) and through the discovery of a mathematical framework within which they could be quantitatively formulated.
- The development of the nation is intimately linked with understanding and application of science and technology by its people.
- The history of science is full of examples which alternate from being extremely practical to being extremely basic in their approach and it through the interaction between the basic and the empirical and practical problems that we find the greatest and most fruitful developments of modern science and technology.
- We look down on our scientists if they engage in outside consultation. We implicitly promote the ivory tower.
- Many people suppose that there is the absence of the imaginative and intuitive element in the pursuit of science in contrast to philosophy, literary or artistic endeavour. This surely is a fallacy. What distinguishes the scientist is his compelling urge to test his concepts in terms of observations. He is ready to let his castle crumble to dust on the results of experiments.
- If we are to play a meaningful role nationally, and in the community of nations, we must be second to none in the application of advanced technologies.
- The benefits of the uses of outer space treaty accrue only through international cooperation based on interdependence.
Hope you liked our post and also found Dr. Vikram Sarabhai quotes on motivation, quotes on science, quotes on isro, and quotes on space and even some quotes in hindi.
If you found this post useful then do share this post or images in this post in your various social media accounts like Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook, etc so that many other people may know about this legendary figure’s quotes.
Wishing you success, quoteszella is signing off. Thank you for reading this post.