Top 51 Swami Vivekananda Motivational Quotes in English
Welcome to quoteszella. In this post, we have shared some of the best Swami Vivekananda motivational quotes in English. These quotes will motivate and inspire you to a great extent. We have also provided Swami Vivekananda quotes on success here in this post which will help you to attract success in your life by excelling in your chosen field.
This post will also be helpful for students as it also contains motivational quotes for students in English by Swami Vivekananda.
About Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda was a renowned Hindu monk who is famous among the Indians for his efforts on reviving modern Hinduism and promoting consciousness regarding nationalistic feelings during the British Rule in India.
Swami Vivekananda (born as Narendra Dutta) was born to an aristocratic Bengali family in Kolkata in the year 1863. He was a disciple of the then great master of spirituality Ramkrishna Paramhansa. Find Ramkrishna Paramhansa quotes here: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/ramakrishna-quotes
Today, the world best remembers him for his famous lecture in the year 1893 at Chicago, USA.
He is also known for introducing the philosophies of Vedanta – the purpose of the Vedas – and Yoga – a spiritual discipline.
On 4th July 1902, Swami Vivekananda breathed his last.
All through his efforts at uplifting the condition of the masses, Swami Vivekananda had delivered a number of lectures consisting of several positive thoughts in English to inspire the youth. Perhaps, that is why his birthday is celebrated as National Youth Day in India.
Inspired by his teachings, many became his disciples, some of them being Sister Nivedita, Josephine McLeod, and Sara Ole Bull who then took over serving the society.
Following are some of the best motivational and inspiring quotes by swami vivekananda:
- No one can earn anything unless he earns it.
- COMFORT IS NO TEST OF TRUTH.TRUTH IS OFTEN FAR FROM BEING COMFORTABLE.
- Things don’t grow better.They remain as they are.We grow better by the changes we make in them.
- All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in your own mind.
- Fill the brain with high thoughts; highest ideals place them day and night before you and out of that will come great work.
- If I love myself despite my infinite faults, how can I hate anyone at the glimpse of a few faults..!
- You have to grow from the inside out.None can teach you, none can make you spiritual.There is no other teacher but your own soul.
- Strength is life ,weakness is death.
- Anything that makes you weak physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison.
- you don’t learn to control your thoughts, you will never learn how to control your behavior.
- 3 Golden Rules!! Who is helping you, don’t forget them. Who is loving you, don’t hate them. Who is trusting you, don’t cheat them.
- Do one thing at a time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
- Be a hero. Always say, ‘I have no fear.’ Tell this to everyone – ‘Have no fear.’
- When an idea exclusively occupies the mind,it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.
- When death is certain, it is better to sacrifice oneself for a good cause.
- Great work requires great and persistent effort for a long time. Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles.
- Stamp out the negative spirit as if it were a pestilence.
- When the ignorant are asleep there the sage keeps awake.
- In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
- The highest manifestation of strength is to keep ourselves calm and on our own feet.
- Strength is life weakness is death.
- Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy.
- If superstitions enter, the brain is gone.
- They live alone, who live for others.
- A man is not poor without a rupee, but a man is really poor without a dream and ambition.
- The power of concentration is the only key to the treasure-house of knowledge.
- The greatest sin is to think that you are weak.
- In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path.
- The one who falls and get up is so much stronger than who never fell.
- It may be a slow process, but quitting won’t speed it up.
- Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you lose, you can guide!
- Arise, Awake, and do not stop until the goal is reached.
- If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be accomplished-mountains can be crumbled into atoms.
- Talk to yourself at least once in a day.Otherwise, you may miss a meeting with an EXCELLENT person in this world.
- The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.
- The power of the mind is like rays of the sun, when they are concentrated they illumine.
- The difference between an ordinary person and a great person lies in the degree of concentration.
- You are the creator of your own destiny.
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.
- My child, what I want is muscles of iron and nerves of steel, inside which dwells a mind of the same material as that of which the thunderbolt is made.
- Crave for a thing; you will get it.Renounce the craving, the object will follow you by itself
- In criticizing another, we always foolishly take one especially brilliant point as the whole of our life and compare that with the dark ones in the life of another. Thus we make mistakes in judging individuals.
- My faith is in the younger generation, the modern generation, out of the will come my workers.
- Words may lie, But the actions will always tell the truth.
- Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were from his or her heart.But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.
- Learn everything that is good from others but bring it in, and in your own way absorb it, do not become others.
- As long as we require someone else to make us happy, we are slaves
- Always try to represent yourself happy because initially, it becomes your look. Gradually it becomes your habit, and finally, it becomes your personality.
- Each work has to pass through these stages – ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
- Who struggles is better than who never attempts.
Hope you liked this post and it added value to your life by providing motivation and inspiration. If you found it useful then do share it on your various social media accounts. You can use these love quotes on your Whatsapp status, Instagram stories and Instagram posts.
Thanks for reading this post. You may also like the following motivational quotes from Quoteszella: